Join us for a unique opportunity to discover some of the world's best chocolate and confections, become a more conscious consumer, and meet farmers and makers.
The New England Chocolate Festival brings you together with over forty chocolate companies and cacao producers to taste, learn, and interact. The companies invited to participate in the Festival have all been hand-selected for their focus on quality and ethics. They prize craftsmanship and flavor excellence while sourcing ingredients in a transparent manner. Nearly all of our companies hail from New England, with special invited guests from around the world. This year, we are celebrating cacao and chocolate from the Dominican Republic and our neighbors in Quebec.
The Festival is comprised of two parts:
October 12, 2019
10 AM - 6 PM
Cyclorama at Boston Center for the Arts
539 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116
The Chocolate Pavilion is an all-day marketplace with fun for the whole family on Saturday, October 12, 2019, from 10 AM to 6 PM at the Cyclorama at Boston Center for the Arts.
- Over forty chocolate makers, chocolatiers, cacao producers, and related vendors selling and sampling their wares
- Guest artists Maestro Juan Alonso Rodriguez of Mexico and Laurel Greenfield of Massachusetts demonstrating their crafts
- A Chocolate Sensorium, an exhibit space devoted to hands-on sensory exploration of the cacao- and chocolate-producing process
- A café with free Blue Bottle coffee and TCHO chocolate pairings and Polar Seltzer drinks
The Education Program consists of dozens of classes over the course of two weeks in five states. In particular, check out:
- Nineteen tasting classes at the Chocolate Education Program (all ages) on Sunday, October 13, 2019
- Five boozy pairing experiences and a Barceló Rum Lounge at the Beverage Education Program (21+) on Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Industry experts and celebrities from around the world
- Choctoberfest pairings with local breweries
- Tastings, pairings, lectures, film showings, book discussions, and more
- Fun opportunities for the whole family
The Festival also has several satellite events, organized together with partners, throughout New England.